Gave you all I had
And you tossed it in the trash
You tossed it in the trash, you did
To give me all your love is all I ever asked, Cause what you don't understand is
I’d catch a grenade for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Throw my hand on a blade for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
I’d jump in front of a train for ya (yeah, yeah , yeah)
You know I'd do anything for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah) Oh, oh
I would go through all this pain, Take a bullet straight through my brain,
Yes, I would die for ya baby ; But you won't do the same
~Bruno Mars
Bruno Mars is describing a relationship where he had more love for his significant other than she did for him. He describes how he would do anything for her because he loved her so much but she would not do the same. Similarly, in A Doll’s House, Nora would do anything for Torvald and she believed he would do the same for here but she soon found out that in the very worst way he would not do the same. Nora put herself in danger and financial problems to borrow money so that she could save Torvald’s life by going on a trip. Unfortunately, despite her intensions, Torvald was disgusted with her actions. When Torvald read Krogstad’s letter describing how Nora had borrowed money from him and forged her dad’s signature to do so, Torvald instead of taking the blame and protecting Nora, like she had hoped, he went on a rampage and thought about he could save himself. It was then that Nora found that Torvald’s love for her was not the same love she felt for him. Nora felt uncontrollable love for Torvald but Torvald just love the idea of having Nora. Torvald never really truly love Nora the same way she love him. In the end, Nora would die for Torvald, but he would not do the same.

No comments:
Post a Comment